Politicking is a mobile application dedicated to improving & galvanizing the millennial vote by providing information about micro and macro politics.
We are looking to hire a Research and Content Lead to help present informative and compelling content on elections and political affairs. The person will help build a comprehensive database of information on state, local, and federal elections, and will provide critical insight into electoral trends ensuring that Politicking operates at the highest levels of accuracy at all times. The Research and Content Lead’s primary responsibilities will be to aid in short-term, rapid response projects primarily for the needs of social media, in-app content, and others on an as-needed basis.
- Write and edit rapid-response style candidate policy research, emphasizing timeliness, accuracy and style;
- Work directly with Media Lead and Politicking Co-founders to identify, prioritize, conduct, and implement longterm research projects;
- Track and analyze local, state, and federal elections;
- Complete rapid response assignments, track updates on political affairs and fulfill internal research requests;
- Assist Head Politicking Co-founders, as needed;
- Monitor in-state news and legislation to distribute to and proactively contribute to messaging response;
- Update politicking social media pages with research content
- Perform other duties as assigned, including fact-checking and copy-editing needs when necessary.
- Prior academic or professional political research experience;
- Experience in electoral politics, preferably in a research environment;
- Previous use of and skilled in Nexis, campaign finance databases;
- Voracious appetite for current events;
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail, precision, organization;
- Strong writing and grammar skills;
- Ability to write, edit, and fact-check with precision and calm during high volume, fast-paced periods;
- Communicative and able to interact with team
- Proficiency with social media platforms, Instagram and Twitter
- Proactive, creative self-starter
- Join the early team of a VC-backed startup
- Equity compensation package
Politicking embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.