Politicking is a mobile application dedicated to improving & galvanizing the millennial vote by providing information about micro and macro politics.
We are looking to hire a Media Lead with superb project management and organizational skills. This person is expected to possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the Media Lead should demonstrate excellent time management and great creativity with a keen interest in creating and implementing cost-efficient and effective media campaigns.
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues;
- Develop content for broadcast and online distribution channels;
- Negotiate with media channels for coverage and exposure;
- Work with Politicking Co-founders to develop merchandise and swag;
- Serve as the organization’s media liaison and formal spokesperson;
- Develop press releases;
- Scan media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends;
- Create and manage the organization’s social media profile and presence;
- Build long-term relationships with media houses;
- Appropriately manage the organization’s media budget.
- Prior professional experience in Media or communications (essential);
- Expert at targeted communications and advertising campaigns across various media platforms;
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns;
- Ability to develop appropriate broadcast, print, and social media content;
- Ability to facilitate press conferences and briefings;
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with members of the media;
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills;
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
- Join the early team of a VC-backed startup
- Equity compensation package
Politicking embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.